City Music Singapore
Since its appearance in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has been loved by countless musicians as a classic analog synthesizer. Forty years later, in 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG resurrected the ARP ODYSSEY with a complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry. The ARP sound, which continues to be envied as an iconic analog synthesizer, was once again back in the hands of today's musicians. Now, KORG has further broadened the reach of the ARP ODYSSEY in today's world by releasing a new model.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a keyboard-less ARP ODYSSEY with the very same analog synthesis circuitry that completely reproduces the original. To fit perfectly in today's DAW-centric music production environments, we provide it in a more compact module form. The lineup includes two models, the white Rev1 and the black and orange Rev3, reproducing traditional styling in a cutting-edge tabletop body. The real ARP sound that transcends history is once again available to the world.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a tabletop analog synth module based on KORG's revived ARP ODYSSEY. In its compact, keyboard-less body, it contains the exact same circuitry as the original, making it even easier for you to obtain that rich analog sound that only a genuine ARP ODYSSEY can produce. By adding the ARP ODYSSEY Module to their setup, DAW users can enhance their production environment with powerful analog sound that cannot be obtained from any plugin. You can also perform in conjunction with a sequencer such as the KORG SQ-1. If you're a player with a keyboard that you prefer, you can connect the ARP ODYSSEY Module via MIDI to your favorite keyboard and play it to your heart's content. In addition, the ARP ODYSSEY Module newly supports MIDI pitch bend.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module lineup includes the best-known Rev3 design with its characteristic black panel and orange silk-screening design that marks this instrument's historic beginning. The unique shape of the slider grips, their smooth operating feel, and the layout of the switches all perfectly reproduce the layout of the original despite the compact module design. The body, on the other hand, has been redesigned for its new life in module form, featuring a sturdy steel chassis befitting the weighty sounds produced by this instrument throughout its forty-year history.
* 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes. * The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced. * Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz--2 kHz.
* A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds. * VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
Quarter-inch and mini-size patch cables are included. If you connect a patch cable from the newly added headphone jack to the external audio input jack, you can produce a powerful sound by applying self-feedback. If you connect the GATE OUT jack to the TRIG IN jack, the EG won't be retriggered, allowing you to play legato.
* External audio input jack is provided, allowing you to process sound from an external device. * Headphone jack with adjustable volume is provided. By connecting the headphone jack to the external audio input jack, you can apply self-feedback to generate powerful sounds.
* CV, GATE, and TRIG jacks are provided, letting you send or receive analog signals to operate the instrument. If you connect the GATE OUT jack to the TRIG IN jack, the EG will not be triggered, allowing you to play legato. * Both 1/4" size and mini-size patch cables are included.
* MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI port are provided, allowing connection to a PC or MIDI device.
2 octaves down, normal, 2 octave up
Proportional Pitch Control
b (Pitch down) Pad: about -2 / 3 octave - (Modulation) Pad # (Pitch-up) Pad: about +2 / 3 octave
* VCO-1 is low note priority, VCO-2 is high note priority.
1 Sophia Road,#02-12/13 Peace CentreSingapore 228149+65 6337 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2017 City Music Co Pte Ltd.